guys anyone faced these bugs or am I missing something?

guys anyone faced these bugs or am I missing something?
RAD Studio XE3 in Metropolis UI applications: little annoying bugs which I found no easy way to fix them or turn them around. If you rename something from project manager for example, it won't rename it in the code's body and you have to go and change that everywhere it is used. Its a huge weakness in these days. Another example would be, If I change label captions in the inner side of every part of my Metropolis program, which is called "ItemDetail1" in rad studio by default, it won't change when you run the program and it shows "ItemDetail" even though the caption is something else, though the font size and shape (such as Bold or Italic) changes...

Comments

  1. I do not use XE (yet) but GExperts has a good GREP that will change all strings and has a component name changer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you please explain bit more? thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GExperts has long been free and has installs for D-6 to D-XE2. (http://www.gexperts.org/download/)
    Use the search to find all instances of the string you want to replace, then use Replace all items to do the work.
    For components, use the Rename (or Replace) Components wizard.
    HTH...Dan'l

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot! GExperts is really great! I just installed it and almost its like it gives rad studio a lot of useful functions it missed. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good. I like GE. Have been using it for years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know for today, but in the past, I had to deinstall GExperts because it caused too much instabilities in the IDE (freeze, crash).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been using GExperts for years, with great satisfaction, and no difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also check out CNPack Wizards.  There are a lot of IDE extensions in CNPack that are not in GExperts. I have used both for years. Both are open source/freeware.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment