Hello all!

Hello all!
Anyone else still using Intraweb? :)

Comments

  1. My Company have developed simple project for timesheet. Now we have converted project to Unigui project, Open source project for Delphi that use ExtJS Ajax framework

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using Unigui too. For some extent systema  to share data with siebel and EBS. It works really great and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like unigui is very interesting, there is another alternative, raudus, works almost like intraweb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I'm using Intraweb. Deplhi2010 and Intraweb 10.0.23

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the feedback. I will have a look at Unigui but as this is beta and I am used to Intraweb backend mechanics I think of using ExtJs together with Intraweb.But not before having a closer look on Unigui :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think IntraWeb is great for 1..100 users.  For 1000+ simultaneous users, it's not so great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah...but that's ok for me. For up to 100 users it's great and that's what I need it for as a web frontend for an existing real big application. If the bottleneck lies in the web part there's still the possibility of load balancing.
    I only don't like the controls IW renders and don't want to mess around with browser issues anymore. So that's why I want to build new ExtJS controls. The first attempts are very promising - we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another very easy approach is RadPHP (now called HTML5Builder).  While I'm not a huge fan of PHP syntax, it's super easy to learn it, and to get data out of a Delphi application and into your PHP web app is pretty easy.  The nice thing is that you won't have to debug all the Intraweb glitches.  :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes. Using XE3 - IW XIV at the moment together with TMS HTML5 charting component and - after first frustration - start to be happy again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a couple of projects built with IW.  Very easy to get applications up and running very quickly for existing Delphi developers.  But our applications have a very low user load so I can't comment on scalability or performance under high user loads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again for all the input. Some years ago I've started to develop a framework between the layers of Intraweb and our extensive framework (2 million lines of code) so our application developers can implement their forms almost the same way as they are used to. But since we still got to use umPartial because a change to Ajax would cause major modifications I want to change the view part with Ajax and new controls with as little Intraweb JavaScript (e.g. for positioning) as possible. So rendering ExtJS controls came into my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment