Paul Thornton I have just run the latest example and compared Chrome with TChromeTab and here goes some suggestions on visual effects:


Paul Thornton I have just run the latest example and compared Chrome with TChromeTab and here goes some suggestions on visual effects:
1) Default animation effect
Chrome gives us a feeling of clean, fresh and most important - fast. The default animation when clicking a tab make me feel a 0.2-0.3s lag(mouse down). The dragging of a tab may be perfect with further investigation.
2) Default margins
Reasonable margins are expected, including the margins between icons/text , the Add Tab button
3) Some colors/images/opacity
Some resources of Chrome are more attractive (such as the close icon)
4) The Add Tab seems a little weired (maybe caused by its shadow)
4) inactive tabs
The text/background of inactive tabs looks a little fuzzy
5) The drag image
At present it is a rectangle. Maybe better with only a tab?

I would really hope that we could get TChromeTab perfect : )

Comments

  1. When using SafeMM the TStreamAdapters throws access violations because the TGPImage from BitmapToGPImage accesses the IStream interface in the DrawImage method in TCustomChromeTabs.DrawBackGroundTo. But at this time the TMemoryStream that is wrapped by TStreamAdapter is already released. By fixing this the tab's background became black instead of Glass. So I had to remove the {$IFDEF DELPHI2006_UP} code in TCustomChromeTabs.DrawBackGroundTo to get the background transparent again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andreas Hausladen Thanks for the report, it's fixed in the next commit. Nice to have a Delphi debug legend reporting issues :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Thornton Thanks, I am heavily working on a Delphi syntax parser and I am afraid that I can't get into the project in recent weeks. I will touch you once I could have some time. I did use Gdiplus to make a application several years ago by invoking the underline apis. However, I prefer using resources(images/brushes) now as it is more flexible than code. just 2 cents maybe irrelative on this topic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment