Is it just me having two coding styles, one for work projects and another for the personal ones?

Comments

  1. I have got only one, but that's probably because I am the boss so I tell my coworkers what the coding style is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see any reason to do that, unless you are forced to use a given coding style at work and you have preferences you apply for your own projects...

    ReplyDelete
  3. François Piette that is exactly the case :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then there's the poor sods who have to match new code to whatever existing style happened to be there before... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. At my last job they had a coding standard that I found very strange -- but hey, to each his own.  ;-)  I am pretty much the sole owner of my current code base, so I can set the standards now.  ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In our team, we think standards are so important we all have one ;)

    Seriously, though - setting some base line standards does help for code quality, but when three people do changes in the same code over time - it is survival of the fittest for purpose - sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ideally a coding standard could be enforced by a pre commit hook on your VCS. Then it wouldn't matter that everyone else was wrong. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have my style and I try to match the style of whatever code base I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment