EasyNet Components

EasyNet Components

I have recently come across to this codebase: http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/20453

I can see that a lot of effort has gone into writing it, and would be quite useful if it also worked with XE2+.

I did try to fix a couple of errors I encountered during compile attempts, but once I got the demo to run it produces gibberish as output text.

I am wondering if anyone has got it to work better/properly under XE/XE2/XE3.

If so, could I have a copy.
http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/20453

Comments

  1. I've got older stuff than seven years but this one is different as it uses a little too many calls to the OS.

    The problem with this one is that it isn't obvious (to me, at least) which 'string's should be replaced with what modern ones.

    I should've thought XE2's 'RawByteString' (as well as PAnsiChar, AnsiChar etc.) would be a good replacement for D7's 'string' (PChar, Char) but doesn't seem to work.

    Replacing all the Unicode calls with their Ansi ones didn't help either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is probably some implicit type conversion somewhere that screws things up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment