I was giving a new colleague a caching class to write and I have been thinking it would be a good interview programming task. It involves the following:

I was giving a new colleague a caching class to write and I have been thinking it would be a good interview programming task. It involves the following:

- Load and save attributes from an interface, IObjectInfo, to be stored in any internal format he thought suitable. 
- Load and save the attribute values to XML
- As it is complicated to create the implementation of TObjectInfo, I asked for the class to be unit tested to prove it would work rather than writing it inside an existing application and complicating his view of what needs done.

For me it covers writing a class. Using interfaces. Using XML. Unit Testing and mocking. Extracting information from an existing class/structure. 

The only thing is that it is perhaps too large a task to give someone to do in ,say, an hour. But maybe that`s not the point.

It then got me thinking about what you have either given someone to code in an interview, had to code in an interview or have any ideas? Hell, you might even totally disagree with coding at an interview.

Comments

  1. I've asked a similar question not too long ago here https://plus.google.com/u/0/102682660157228154177/posts/2PKPKCTYcLg

    IMHO, you might wanna keep it simple in order to analyze more effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely FOR coding at interviews. You must be able to show your programming skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed that Dorin. That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment