SourceTree, the free Git & Mercurial GUI client made popular on the Mac, is coming to Windows. Sign-up for the beta.

SourceTree, the free Git & Mercurial GUI client made popular on the Mac, is coming to Windows.  Sign-up for the beta.

I've been using SourceTree since before it was acquired by Atlassian (back then you had to pay for it), and it's simply a fantastic and well-supported GUI client for both Git and Mercurial.  It can really ease the pain of  learning/managing Git & Hg and, IMO, is superior to other similar clients.  This is really good news for Windows users.
http://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/2013/02/14/sourcetree-for-windows-beta-signup/

Comments

  1. Graeme Geldenhuys  I think that on the Mac, SourceTree is hard to beat.  Once they port all the features of the OSX version to the Windows version, which is being developed as a completely separate, native application, it should be one of the better ones for that platform too.  No plans for *nix versions though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use SourceTree on the Mac and is definitely a winner. I'll do my Delphi coding in a VM on the Mac and keep my source code in a shared directory on the Mac. I will sometimes switch to the Mac to use SourceTree to co-ordinate my git repo. Will definitely have a look at the Win version. 

    As Atlassian owns Bitbucket (git and mercurial hosting) you can also expect excellent integration with Bitbucket too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment