Any idea for a vertically alignable TEdit?

Comments

  1. Do you want the edit turned 90 degrees or do you want to type and have the text go down the edit control instead of across? Are you using a standard character set? What is the use case? Do you actually want people to type in the box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No mate, i ment the text to be vertically aligned.
    At the moment it can be horiz. aligned through the Alignment property.
    If you turn the Autosize prop. off and change the height of the control the text stays always on top.

    I would like to be able to align the text to be vertically centered in the above mentioned case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same as what the layout property does 4 the TLabel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a second I thought I had a solution. Unfortunately the solution was in a web browser (I do a lot of browser apps). When I tried the same thing in Delphi it behaves differently. I could not think of a way to do what you want. You might just need to create your own control and do the alignment yourself. I suggest subclassing from a TMemo and not a TEdit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment