Hi folks, I am in trouble setting up my first Jenkins job for a Delphi 2007 project.

Hi folks, I am in trouble setting up my first Jenkins job for a Delphi 2007 project.

So far I've studied obvious articles on the net (blog posts and stack overflow issues concerning the use of Jenkins with Delphi).
I've defined the rsvar.bat variables in the global Jenkins options.
I've installed Delphi 2007 on the build machine.
I've created a job, that does a Subversion checkout and that has an MSBuild step. I am calling my .dproj file with the following arguments /p:Win32LibraryPath="$(BDS)\lib" /target:Build /p:config=Release

The build starts fine and after compiling some units it fails with Error: E2003 Undeclared identifier: 'MyFunction'

Somehow MyFunction cannot be resolved although it's unit is included in the interface declaration and is also integrated directly in the project (whereas other sources are only available through specified search paths).
This code/ the project compiles fine and without error on different development machines.
Thus I have no clue how to figure out how I can solve the issue. The only obvious difference to my Build Machine is the fact, that I have not installed the design time packages for my project on the build server. But the specific unit is not part of a design package.

Do you have some hints what I can try now?

Thanks

Comments

  1. "Build succeeded." at last ...
    I really had to restructure part of my project. Now it's time to configure the whole damn build process appropriately to generate different versions of my app.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delphi 2007 is still without MSBuild support? I am asking, cause I also think of changing my Build environment to work with Jenkins but I am unsure about ease of use for older versions of Delphi e.g. Delphi 5,6 ,7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delphi 2007 works with MSBuild. 5,6 and 7 do not. But nevertheless you can build such projects easily with Jenkins. I have created batch files for this purpose which Jenkins is calling (for Delphi 7, 2007 and XE2). There are some configuration quirks but once it's done it looks quite easy to do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment