OK, I may just be having a brain cramp,  but I need to use a local in-memory table in my app, and am looking for the simplest solution which won't depend on any new DLLs, and is lightweight. The app is connectiong to a SQL Server DB using RemObjects DataAbstract, and I don't know if there is any way to create a local table using their stuff; it all seems to require me to connect, and to have the table in the schema. And then it all gets messier than it should be.... I know I have done something similar, years ago, but can't recall it.

Comments

  1. I've used TClientDataset, TdxMemData and TkbmMemTable. IMHE TkbmMemTable is king by far far far. TdxMemData does not have very much functionality in comparison, TClientDataset is cumbersome and overcomplex for most tasks. Nick Hodges, linking Midaslib works fine but... can you trace into the sources? You can with both TkbmMemTable and TdxMemData.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment