Anyone know why TRttiEnumerationType.GetNames is private?

Comments

  1. I mean, it's clearly got to be an error.  The functionality is obviously meant to be used, and not called anywhere else.

    Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simon Stuart Thanks -- but I need an "official" solution to talk about in my book.

    I'll pester them to fix it in an update.  I can be very persuasive.  ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick Hodges Old-school RTTI is pretty much official.

    Also you can always write a class helper to access any private member until the decide to fix it (I refuse to be blocked by bugs inside the RTL in older Delphi versions so I rather fix them myself, and if it means rewriting code in memory!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pushed the bug report to a higher priority... will try to track it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simon Stuart  Yeah, it shouldn't be any more than that, but despite what you might think, such things are not and should not be done flippantly. Sadly, it can't be done in an update as it is interface changing.  Marco Cantù Thanks -- seems like a no brainer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually +Simon Stuart, I was wrong, any interface change will alter DCUs. Can't be done in an update.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment