Comment of the Day:

Comment of the Day:

// This is some smoke and mirrors.

Comments

  1. ROFL!  reminds me of some comments I recall from the MS multimedia examples....

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine are better:
    // this is where the magic happens

    // cool stuff bellow

    // don't underestimate the challenge!

    can't remember others...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're always commenting their code ... Hope we'll not find yours on of these days

    ReplyDelete
  4. // found this on the web.  It seems to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gaël L'hopital If you follow Nicks blog there is enough of his code to comment on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kevin Powick Let's say it did work. Let's even say it was well written and free to use, with a nice license. Then the comment ought to contain:
    a) the URL where it was found
    b) the separate project in which it was tested, with location
    c) the identity of the developer who elected to use it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bill Meyer LOL. You live in a fantasy world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bill Meyer I did not mean that in a negative way actually - I was just saying that he's not making secrets about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stefan Glienke Yes, I was about to add that of course, you meant that in the nicest possible way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kevin Powick I didn't say I expected to find it. And certainly didn't say I was holding my breath! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stefan Glienke I hope you know that I always welcome comments on and improvements for my code, especially from a developer of your caliber.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "// I hope this works ..."
    in front of a large piece of code - which didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lars Fosdal Hope and breakage, a familiar theme. ;) But many of my favorites are more mundane:
    procedure ClearData; // clear the data 
    I mean, what a revelation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment