I hate anonymous functions, generics and dependency injection (Hey Nick, nothing personal) !

I hate anonymous functions, generics and dependency injection (Hey Nick, nothing personal) !
Well, I don't hate these really, but it is so frustrating to dig through my former colleagues few thousand lines of code that are full of those. That all mixed with dozens of recursive functions and my former colleagues obsessive use of interfaces makes stepping through the code in the debugger a real PITA.
Sorry, but after debugging for the last 18 hours I needed to place to express my feelings.
Maybe someone in the "business" of code archeology can feel with me.

Comments

  1. Igor Schevchenko  My Fortran program found and fixed zero-size circles on CAD drawings used to make microwave communications, ECM and radar components.  The crazy CAD system would let RF engineers draw circles with a zero radius and then promptly crash when they tried to render the drawing.  My program fixed the corrupt drawings without eating them - I was quite the hero when I brought numerous trashed designs back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the three you mentioned are good things if used rightly, I think you are hating the wrong thing?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment