I just received the email below from JED Software. Basically it says that they have sold JSDialog pack to another company. The part I find interesting though is this:

I just received the email below from JED Software. Basically it says that they have sold JSDialog pack to another company. The part I find interesting though is this:

"Some may have noted that I recently pulled the QualityCentral client from my website for the same (and another) reason"

Could this mean that Embarcadero might be using it as a base for a new (desperately needed) QualityCentral client?

-----------

The XE4 version of JSDialog Pack will be released shortly, there is still some testing to be done against the XE4 release build.
 
Due to a change in personal circumstances, I have decided to sell the IP of JSDialog Pack to another third party vendor. Part of the deal includes me supporting their developers getting up to speed with the source code for JSDialog Pack as well as advising them on any support requests for six months. This six month period should also cover the release of XE5 by Embarcadero if they stick to the usual release cycle of September.
 
The buyer has indicated they will include JSDialog Pack (most likely with a new name) into their existing component pack but also continue to sell it separately.
 
At this stage I won’t be disclosing the buyer until everything is finalised, which is expected to happen early May.
 
I will also take this opportunity to mention that I am NOT leaving the community, just scaling back my involvement. Creating components that support 10 different IDE versions can be very time consuming. I will still continue to sell, maintain and enhance XE Plus Pack as I rely on it to write applications. Some may have noted that I recently pulled the QualityCentral client from my website for the same (and another) reason.
 
Thank you for your custom over the past 7 years (I think it was released in 2006). The future of JSDialog Pack will be even brighter now that it is being taken over by a much larger company.
 
Finally, if you do not wish for your email address and name passed onto the buyer so they can continue to support you, let me know as soon as possible.

Comments

  1. Paul


    Congratulations on the sale! Good luck in your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin McCoy - I'm not involved with JED software. I just got the email :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment