I know that Git is a fairly popular DVCS in the Delphi community, so I thought this blog post may be of interest.

I know that Git is a fairly popular DVCS in the Delphi community, so I thought this blog post may be of interest.

The author, Pieter Hintjens, feels that branching in Git, which I think can be applied to other DVCS tools, is not a good idea, in fact, even harmful.  He also offers his C4 and PC3  processes as better ways to manage projects with Git.

Side note: Pieter Hintjens is the the guy basically responsible for AMQP, WikiDot, and ZeroMQ. While perhaps coming off as a bit arrogant (see some of his interviews), he's definitely a very bright guy.
http://hintjens.com/blog:24

Comments

  1. He comes across not so arrogant as confident. He lays out his credentials, for those of us who do not know him, and presents clearly and succinctly his reasons for his position. And his reasons make good sense. Hard to fault.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a couple of interviews with him.  He's confident, true, but I found that it sometimes boarders on arrogance.  It could also be cultural, and that English is not his first language.  Regardless, I do agree with much he has to say.  Check out some of his other blog posts; they're worth reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment