Version 0.98.1 of DDDebug, the Memory Profiler, has been released recently. This update adds IDE integration and fixes a couple of bugs, mainly within the 64bit version. The list of fixes and enhancements:

Version 0.98.1 of DDDebug, the Memory Profiler, has been released recently. This update adds IDE integration and fixes a couple of bugs, mainly within the 64bit version. The list of fixes and enhancements:
Revised and updated manual
Added filter to trace allocations of specific threads only
Integration into IDE (open unit in IDE)
64bit: fixed an issue where a pointer could get truncated
64bit: fixed an issue where method name was corrupted
64bit: fix in GetDataString (for Strings), unit test added
Fixed an Access Violation in Thread Viewer and Wait Chain Traversal
Alternative self contained Setup for Delphi 5 to XE3
DDDebug main form usable while modal dialogs being shown
http://ddobjects.de/dddebug

Comments

  1. For sure. Same is the case for the installer. Just wanted to let you know.

    Besides, testing DDDebug I have a question. I'm running my app and see in the memory statistics that I have a growing number of StringLists. The total count increases steadily (appr. 100 per second) but I have zero live count (max 7). Does this mean that Stringlists are created and freed continuously? Is there a chance to find out where these StringLists are beeing created with DDDebug? At the moment I am a little bit confused about this abservation.

    Furthermore EurekaLog is reporting a lot of memory leaks in DDDebug on shutdown. I assume this is expected behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Erik. About the warning: I will check if I can remove the batch file or so. Thank you for pointing me out to this issue.

    About your stringlists: Yes, the behaviour shows that stringlists are created and freed continously. Let me think how to get a callstack for those (freed) objects easily and answer later. At first, I would check Action update events.

    About EurekaLog: yes, some structures of DDDebug are freed very lately which EurekaLog probably assumes as leak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked the ZIP file and have no idea why Chrome does complain about it. The CleanUp.bat which I mentioned is not part of the distribution. Actually, I have no clue :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment