I am looking in to automating the IDE to attach to a process for

I am looking in to automating the IDE to attach to a process for 
debugging purpose but I am unable to figure it out. I am using Delphi 
XE, so this page is relevant

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE/en/IDE_Command_Line_Switches_and_Options

I have tried "bds -attach:" but that doesn't seem to work :(

Any pointers in the right direction would be great!
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE/en/IDE_Command_Line_Switches_and_Options

Comments

  1. I get the error "Unable to create process. The parameter is incorrect"

    Do I need remote debugging ticked when building the application?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same error when trying to attach to non-Delphi executables. For the couple of Delphi apps I tried it worked fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya - I was able to attach. It seems that I have had a number of problem:
    1) different versions of Delphi compiled the executable,
    2) attempting to have two debuggers attached to the same process at the same time.

    Any idea on how to get the IDE to load a project so I can trace through the source instead of assembler?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment