Hi Delphiers

Hi Delphiers,

I'm actually developping software using XE2, and my company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and has a Midas server.

A complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, but actually I need to pick some data from this application.

Is there any possibility to connect to an antique Midas server from XE2  in order to perform basic tasks (get the content of some tables) ? Google doesn't helped me at all to find if it's possible or not.

TY for your answers

Comments

  1. I think DataSnap has Midas support - but I've never used the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not think to use the word "support' in my google and EMB forum search. Ty Lars Fosdal , this keyword already brought me this page http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/XE2/en/Datasnap.Midas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could write a Delphi 4 DLL which exposes [as DLL exported function] what you need. The DLL would call the Midas server. Then you call that DLL from your XE2 application.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Midas is ancestor of DataSnap, you could use it's techniques to do what you need

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment