Who likes last century's products?

Comments

  1. Lars Fosdal I'm probably less understated, as I have a sense of how many hours I have p****d away puzzling out answers to things which have been left undocumented. BUT I do give credit to numerous software vendors on that score, not only EMBT.

    Those old manuals are worth their weight in gold. Concise, clear, useful. Perhaps sometimes a bit too concise, but having docs is better than not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Specific to Brian's question, I do like last century's products. This century, I feel too often like the victim of a hit and run. (Too many vendors on that list to mention here...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I liked about last century's products, of all types, was better quality/durability.  Today, everything has built-in obsolesce - No more 20 year toasters or 150 year homes.  And so many things are sealed and non-fixable - Just throw it away and buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment