Soooooooooooo, who's online at coderage 8 right now?  I am :-)

Comments

  1. Way to much mobile app blabla this year.
    Only 2 or 3 sessions I am interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it me or should this have started by now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delphi - man, pronounce it Del-fee not Del-fi!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, JT has mention "native" performance alot, has he actually tried a android written in XE5? Sluggish isn't the word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of the comments relate to the FM bugs and (lack of) performance. The answer always seems to be that R&D are working on it. I really hope so :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get that we are v1 for android (probably not even that) but the performance just aint there

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paul Foster Moble apps with Del-fi! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Q: With all of the feature work in the past four releases (thank you), it seems like a lot of bugs are falling through the cracks and some regressions have been introduced.  Can we expect one or more releases soon that focus more heavily on bug fixes and improvements to existing features as opposed to big ticket features?
    A: Yes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stefan Glienke ARRRRRG!
    Paul Thornton yes I had a good chuckle at that

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, so very easy to connect and get the screen on a droid..... not inspiring confidence here Mr Intersimone :-P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Could have used the Android Emulator! ... oh wait :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. They should have, that would have been hi-lare-ious

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gogo Error Inside errr Insight (squiggly lines below ToString) =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. They really needed to show this lot on android too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Paul Foster Use your imagination - it actually works! cough

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stefan Glienke LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear - had a few SNAFUs during today's early sessions, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  18. The timing of the crash/FAIL/whatever or the response from the presenter?
    Hang on a moment...... we all had to submit recorded videos of our sessions, thereby giving ample opportunity to edit out such accidents. 
    Surely everyone followed the guidelines, no?

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm fairly new to Delphi, so I am having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great to hear! That's what its supposed to be all about, so I hope you get a lot out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So far so good! I am not able to watch everything I want to see since I am at work, but I have already learned some good things!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adam Martin you will be able to watch any of the sessions again as replays, so fret not you wont miss anything!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds great! I'll check it out! Watching CodeRage 7 vids is on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It wasn't fully shameless. You can't see the shame painted in layers across myself now I've posted that ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It comes across in your avatar, honest :-P

    ReplyDelete
  26. Question: Where are some good places to get answers for Delphi questions? It is not near as easy to find answers via Google as it is for say, C# or Java. Where can a body go to find good info?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Right, I have to log off, gotta eat and turn my brain off (its not used to being on for this long and is starting to overheat)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adam Martin Asking questions is often a good way. Here or on Stack Overflow. Just be careful of the SO etiquette, else the sticklers for rules will flatten you.
    However I've often found Messrs. Google very useful in locating info. Mayhap I've been looking for more straightforward stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Brian Long! And yeah, lack of knowledge of etiquette usually keeps me from asking questions on sites like SO.

    Google is pretty good for most things I guess, and I have recently discovered that there are quite useful YouTube videos. The company I work for has been using Delphi since 1999, but I have only recently become more involved in development so now it is just a matter of gathering resources to help me learn the Delphi ways :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment