Hi everyone

Hi everyone,
I have Delphi XE4 update 1 and started new #FireMonkey   project.
I don't have a lot of experience with FM platform.

I decided to create separate DataModule and place all my StyleBooks, which I'm going to share between forms, there.
So, problems are:
1. IDE doesn't allow to add simple shapes in StylesDesigner when stylebook is in datamodule.
2. I should create DM before creating any form in my application, so I edited dpr file. Application starts fine, but when I open such form in designer I get exception.

after that I decided to create hidden form instead of DataModule to store shared StyleBooks, this solves problem 1.1. But problem 2 remains. Any time I open form which uses shared StyleBook I get an error message and sould press Ignore button to continue my work.

Does anyone know about best practises of using shared stylebooks?

Comments

  1. I don't have XE 4, but from the sound of it, I'd say sharing stylebooks has not been considered.

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. whatever you do, don't forget to put an option "use native feel and look", I always uninstall software that forces me to use some "special" theme aka resource hog

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you place a style book on a form, by default the style book is only used by the one form - however if you tick the "usestylemanager" property then the styles are loaded into the application level style book and is available to all forms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorin Duminica in my case I should implement custom designed UI, it has no "native look and feel" at all.

    Paul Foster where I can found useStyleManager property? my XE4 TStyleBook does not provide such property.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah. my apologies.  must have been introduced with xe5 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. seems I do not understand FM Styles editor at all.. ^(
    How do I delete style from StyleBook?
    Structure Window does not refresh after adding new shape to style, so I have to reopen it.
    How do I rename my style book? IDE always renames it back to StyleBookN after saving.
    How do I add new style to StyleBook without "edit custom style".

    seems there is something totally wrong with Style Designer  and StyleBooks concept in FMX

    gradient editing is something like a nightmare.

    3 years of developing FM IDE, wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrew Terekhov wrong all style consept in fmx. And the main mistake that developers after 2 years of fails did't even got it, and vice versa in xe5 further exacerbated it instead of simplifying :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh god, the built in FM style editor is a nightmare of crashes and generally bad coding - it will make you pull your hair out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paul Foster same.bad.cod as.fm.itself

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup. Well, perhaps FM isn't quite as bad as that :-P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment