Hi

Hi
I have created a mobile application for android and ios with Delphi XE5. I needed a custom component, so I created a package and I wrote my component. I wrote a windows application for testing my custom compnent and every thing is OK so far. I add an instance of my component on the Firemonkey mobile form in design time and it shows it correctly. But when I try to run app on IOS Simulator or Android emulator it crashes, I think the problem is caused by not deploying my package along with my app, but I don't know how should I include this package in my mobile app deployment. Any idea?
P.S I know how to deploy database files to Android and IOS

Comments

  1. Reza -- You can't use packages in mobile applications.  Instead, statically link your component into your binary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can how ever step into your code with the debugger to find out why it crashes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Warren Postma Yep, I will,but thinking logically when you have an external library you have to publish it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick Hodges Hi Nick, I don't know how to link my component statically into my binary, I will google it but it is really helpful if there is any article, sample, weblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reza... Don't link with packages turned on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nick Hodges Warren Postma Thanks, stupid me, the problem was not with deploying the package there was an exception in user control in Android and IOS (but not in Win) and this would cause the application to crash

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment