I need some help coming up with a name for an open source project I'm working on.

I need some help coming up with a name for an open source project I'm working on. I'm looking for something easy to remember that will entice developers to try it out.

The project is a collection of components and utility classes that provide an abstraction over the Lazarus and Delphi IDE's extension points. The main goal is to make writing IDE extensions at least as easy as writing an ordinary application:

* Drag components onto a form or data module.
* Set some properties and add some event handlers
* Compile and install

A secondary goal is to make it possible to write extensions that can be compiled and run in either IDE with minimal or no changes to the source.

The project is still in the early development stages so I haven't made the source publicly available yet. I'd like to get the API stable before I release it.

Anyway, I've come up with some of the more obvious choices for names:

Cross-IDE Extension Framework
IDE Extension Developer's Toolkit
IDE Extension API

This is just a few. The list I came up with has about 30 variations but I'm kind of spinning my wheels. Anyone have any better names? I tried finding a clever acronym but nothing really stood out.

Comments