If anyone here is very good with ReportBuilder, I have a question. I am trying to use the KeepTogether property in subreports to, well, keep a bunch of rows from being split at a page boundary.

If anyone here is very good with ReportBuilder, I have a question. I am trying to use the KeepTogether property in subreports to, well, keep a bunch of rows from being split at a page boundary.

Think Order and details. With a note above the order header. But in this case the number of rows will be small, in all cases. The note can be suppressed by the user, so it will never appear, or can be enabled, and will appear only if not empty. 

So what I want is note (if any) followed by order header row, followed by detail rows (not more than 6). And if it won't fit on the remainder of the page, then force a page break before that note.

My numerous experiments have not yielded a solution, and I see an analogous problem in one of the demos which comes with ReportBuilder.

Any suggestions?

Comments

  1. Try to ask it on rb newsgroup, they are very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't used RB for several years, but I have made many a muttering over its quirky behavior. OK, that wasn't of much use, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lars Fosdal Well, it means I am not alone. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment