Can someone tell me what I'm actually losing by disabling the "String Resource Editor IDE Package", stride###.bpl?

Can someone tell me what I'm actually losing by disabling the "String Resource Editor IDE Package", stride###.bpl?

It was causing an access violation in coreide###.bpl during IDE shutdown. It's something happening while the stride package is being unloaded because it also happens when I uncheck the package from the Install Packages dialog. Looking around on the interwebs it looks like it's a reproducible but uncommon problem.

My guess is it's an interaction with another package since it doesn't appear to happen in a clean install of Delphi.

Comments

  1. Dunno. It might help to know the version of Delphi you are running. I use XE2 and codeide*.bpl bombs out quite often, but I believe it's a problem that was fixed in later versions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using 2010 but I found a blog describing it happening in XE2.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment