Delphi 6 Pro General update 2 hangs.

Delphi 6 Pro General update 2 hangs.

D6 installs properly in Windows 8 and 8.1. But General Update #2 hangs in Windows 8.1.

If D6 & the update are installed under Win 8.0, them everything works. I can let Windows update to 8.1 and everything works. BUT if Windows updates to 8.1 and then I run the update it hangs.

I asked the group embarcadero.public.delphi.install but the only suggestion was compatibility mode. Made no difference.

Having tried what I know about, the next step is to reset Windows to 8.0, install D6 and the updates, let windows update to 8.1 then install the rest of my apps. Not my preferred course of action.

Any ideas?

Comments

  1. I agree that upgrading to a newer version would be better (and XE5 the best) I cannot spend that much just to create personal use and freeware applications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, even that is more than I can spend. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment