Copy Protection & Feature Enablement Component?

Copy Protection & Feature Enablement Component?
For one of my application I license third party zipcode data. It's provided on an annual license basis. So I need to ensure my application stops working if the license isn't renewed. 

To accomplish this I'm looking for a Delphi component similar to OnGuard (which I have used in the past). In this case I don't want to use OnGuard as I notice it's riddled with 32 bit assembler and at some stage a 64 bit version of my application will be needed. It also isn't actively supported which is another negative point.

So -does anyone know of a suitable component? I realize everything can be hacked if there is enough determination. I'm aiming to keep the honest guy honest?

All help appreciated!

Steve

Comments

  1. hi, I use WinLicense, from Oreans, no problems so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use SoftwarePassport aka Armadillo, it's nice and works well. 
    http://www.siliconrealms.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I don't know what data format the zip code data is, what I have seen is that it is the data that is time limited and not the application.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have used the Marx Crypto keys for 10+ years. We do not use the time limit,  we use concurrent user limit but they will do time limits also. Windows/Linux/Mac 32/64bit  https://www.marx.com/en

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment