Delphi SVN Private Hosting

Delphi SVN Private Hosting
Does anyone have any advice for getting up and running to share code. I've been developing with Delphi for eons, but I've never done any joint development (shame on me).  I now need to do so...

Delphi XE4 seems "Open from Version Control..." which opens from a SVN.  So the questions which string to mind:

1. Is SVN the best way to go - are there alternatives which work better for Delphi?
2. Are there any add-in / plug-ins which make it easier (or is Delphi's built in functionality rock solid)?
3. If I have a program stored under my "Documents" folder does this cause problems with the "C:\Users\Steve Maughan\" when other, with different names, try to access the file?
4. Are there any other newbie gotchas I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Steve

Comments