Hey all! My name is Adam, and I am fairly new to Delphi! I have been around it for about 5 years now at the company I work for, but only recently have been put in charge of managing our development projects and determining where we will go in the future!

Hey all! My name is Adam, and I am fairly new to Delphi! I have been around it for about 5 years now at the company I work for, but only recently have been put in charge of managing our development projects and determining where we will go in the future!

I originally wasn't a huge fan of Delphi, but after developing a few small utilities using it in a fraction of the time it would have taken me in other languages I am familiar with I am becoming a convert!

If you are interested, check out our company website at www.szencorp.com

I will try not to let my Delphi Newbieness be too inconvenient!
http://www.szencorp.com

Comments

  1. hang on a minute! Are you saying you've been in a Delphi software shop for 5 years but never used it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sort of! I have mostly been doing web design using PHP, and a lot of SQL to support our clients. I have worn many hats here, support tech, tester, sysadmin, sysdba, but my experience with Delphi has mostly been restricted to stepping through the code to discover logic errors when bugs are reported.

    Otherwise, my programming experience has mostly been with PHP, Java and C#.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you found it easy to pick up the language and framework?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim McKeeth, I haven't had too many problems picking up the language and framework. I actually learned last year that Delphi and C# are connected which I thought was cool.

    I am finding that the complaints I used to have about Delphi were actually not about Delphi at all, but about the "less than optimal" architectural decisions made in the early days of our program...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam Martin a friend of mine said "you can write spagettie code in any language."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment