Is anyone here active in the Delphi area of Stack Overflow? I've felt a bit frustrated there recently, since they closed a couple of good posts you may have seen blog posts about.

Is anyone here active in the Delphi area of Stack Overflow? I've felt a bit frustrated there recently, since they closed a couple of good posts you may have seen blog posts about.

This one was great (although I had the top answer, so I might be biased :p) http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6063274/hidden-features-in-the-delphi-language
as was this Oxygene one: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1745772/hidden-features-of-oxygene

All a bit of a pity really.  If you feel like it, you could make a request on meta.so to reopen them, and I think it'd be great if you did and they were kept there.

Comments

  1. What difference does the flag make?  I can see -Y+ adds symbol reference info, but nothing even in the command line compiler options about what the -Y (alone) flag does. (Yep, undocumented!) Is there any info out there in non-Embarcadero sources?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as I know it suppresses the E2272 error message. Not sure about recent versions of Delphi but there used to be a make file that shipped with the source that let you recompile the RTL. This was the only place where the -Y compiler flag was used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenneth Cochran Thanks. Makes sense. I was secretly hoping for a more magical result, that it would enable some hitherto unknown amazing functionality...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment