Just got XE5 and looking to port an XE2/FIBPlus application to it, I would like to use FireDAC instead of FIBPlus as FIB+  dosen't seem to be as supported as it once was and FireDAC gives me the opportunity to use other database back ends for fussy customers.  I was looking at the refind utility the EMB provide for BDE or AnyDAC migration to FireDAC.  It uses a text file with rules in it and I was wondering if anyone has one that they have already done for FibPlus to FireDAc that they had success with.  Lazy I know but why reinvent the wheel :)

Comments

  1. I'm in the same boat. FIB+ seems to be dead... or at least really inactive. I think I might pay money for a FIB+ to FireDAC converter of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The utility is there is comes free with Xe5 but there are a few issues with it and you need to setup the rules yourself.  Have a look at http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/refind_and_bde_migration.html.  My plans have changed and I think I'm going to re-write the app to make use of the newer things delphi can do and I will probably go with TMS Aurelius

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment