So close, and yet so far away.

So close, and yet so far away.

Is there any way I can implement SHCreateItemFromParsingName from within a Delphi 5 app?

I'm trying to extract the Windows thumbnail for known files and I've found a bit of code that gets me close ( http://embarcadero.newsgroups.archived.at/public.delphi.nativeapi/201007/1007283828.html ) but I'm assuming D5's ShlObj unit does not contain the  SHCreateItemFromParsingName declaration.

I'm currently using the VirtualTreeView components and the derivatives and that works for the most part but not catching all of the thumbnails.

If you can help I would be extremely grateful. 
http://embarcadero.newsgroups.archived.at/public.delphi.nativeapi/201007/1007283828.html

Comments

  1. Delphi 5? Wow! Any chance of upgrading? You'll find a much more complete ShObj unit (among a few other things)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if I did Marco Cantù my Mastering Delphi 2, 4, and 5 would be out of date. :-)

    Chances are slim for the time being. I've considered the Delphi Starter edition as a temporary gap filler.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment