I know that there is the String helper of .ToLower(), so could someone please explain to me the point to the String helper LowerCase() (http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/XE5/en/System.SysUtils.TStringHelper.LowerCase), when it doesn't look at the string it is meant (IMO) be helping...

I know that there is the String helper of .ToLower(), so could someone please explain to me the point to the String helper LowerCase() (http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/XE5/en/System.SysUtils.TStringHelper.LowerCase), when it doesn't look at the string it is meant (IMO) be helping...

Example:
Writeln('Nothing'.LowerCase('HELLO')); -> hello

Comments

  1. Nicholas Ring 
    ???
    procedure TForm1.Edit1Change(Sender: TObject);
    var s:string;
    begin
    s:=edit1.Text;
    edit2.Text:=s.ToLower;
    //or this
    //edit2.Text:=string(edit1.Text).ToLower;
    end;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asbjørn Heid  Sorry - I thought I had to while I was programming on binary computers ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment