Anyone interested in remoting VCL apps to web? WebFmx 's brother is comming...

Comments

  1. I'm in the process of moving my UI rich program into the Session 0 Service layer; I had intended to put a httpd-server in it and and build my skills in web-ui, by mirroring the existing VCL apps functionality for web-browsers to use instead of the console/rdp. However, it's a XE2 VCL app and my components/arch don't support FMX conversion. Is WebFMX still an option? I didn't see much about VCL on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vin Colgin WebFMX is just for Firemonkey. The new product carries the same concept but for GDI/GDI+ apps, likes the one build with VCL or .NET WinForms. It is not a Web Framework, so if you are planning to rebuild your app using any delphi web framework or asp.net, this not a good choice. It only allows you to take your app as it is to the web instantly. Not more not less. 
    There's nothing on our website yet, but I expect to release a public beta build today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gustavo Ricardi Interesting. Can't wait to see what happens with "WebFMX for VCL" aka "WebVCL"? Could save a ton of work and I can do something else to build non-Delphi skills.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment