I need some advice with re-directing some WebService calls I make using Delphi XE. I know this isn't relevant to Delphi, but I need to transparently redirect my web service calls which are on the internet to a local server (with whaetever tech necessary) which will re-direct them to the real server and send back the results, without using a proxy, or any config on the client or source code changes on my client app (except for the webservice endpoint which is needless to say, dynamic).

I need some advice with re-directing some WebService calls I make using Delphi XE. I know this isn't relevant to Delphi, but I need to transparently redirect my web service calls which are on the internet to a local server (with whaetever tech necessary) which will re-direct them to the real server and send back the results, without using a proxy, or any config on the client or source code changes on my client app (except for the webservice endpoint which is needless to say, dynamic). 

Any ideas how I can achieve this?

Comments

  1. Lars Fosdal
    This situation is very common and is usually forced by some security concerns coming down from the management which has no clue how to implement the correct security measures in the first place. Obviously, the first and only idea they have is to completely isolate intraweb from interweb and transfer data where necessary using flash drives. First hand experience...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also been in a sneaker network, where you walk over to the Internet machine. Not productive. But, it should not be possible to tunnel out without the assistance of that network guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I solved my problem this summer using Membrane Service Proxy. It is open source and works like a charm.

    http://membrane-soa.org

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment