Looking into converting a bunch of legacy apps from #BDE to #FireDAC and trying to use the "reFind" utility...

Looking into converting a bunch of legacy apps from #BDE to #FireDAC and trying to use the "reFind" utility released since XE5 to help do this.

Not having much joy though, as I've run into a stack overflow for the 2nd time in 2 days.

The first one I ran into with version 2.5 (shipped in #XE5 Update 2 hotfix 4), turned out to be already fixed in the newer version 2.7.1 (shipped with #XE6 ).  However I've now run into the same problem (or, at least, the same message) again on a different file.  

I've filed a QC about it, in case anyone's interested in looking or voting for it: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=124781

On my To Do list is also to have a further look at the #Mida converter to see if this is worth getting -- Does anyone have any experiences to share re the non-trial version of Mida and BDE conversion?   (The bundled/trial version doesn't support BDE to FireDAC conversion last time I checked, so I couldn't form any opinion on whether it would be worth getting/considering.)
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=124781

Comments