GExperts for XE6: Workaround for invisible (gray) icons.

GExperts for XE6: Workaround for invisible (gray) icons.

There was a complaint in embarcadero non-technical newsgroup about GExperts "light gray" Icons in XE6 . If you usually compile GExperts yourself, you can add one line of code as a workaround to prevent that "light gray" icons. I'm still not sure what is causing the problem...

Unit GX_ActionBroker.pas

Search for
procedure TGxActionBroker.RegisterActionWithIde
...
locate this code:

ReadyBitmap := CreateScaledBitmap(Bitmap);
try
  BitmapName := AAction.Name + GetBitmapSuffix;

add:  
  {$ifdef GX_VER170_up}
  ReadyBitmap.Transparent := False;  // prevent invisible icons on XE6
  {$endif}

Comments

  1. Has that been submitted to the GExperts mailing list yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet. Here at work I can't use the mailing list because our system always puts tons of footers and disclaimers to every email. I'll try to report that this evening when I'm back home. Or - if you like - you may report it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Added to the currecnt GExperts sources. I didn't see any difference in my installation though. I never saw the "invisibile" icons problem anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment