XE6 went wonky with my 3rd party components after uninstall, keeping reg settings, then installing update 1. Their protection scheme triggered prevent me from running projects. .

XE6 went wonky with my 3rd party components after uninstall, keeping reg settings, then installing update 1. Their protection scheme triggered prevent me from running projects. .
Running IDE with parameter flag to use different Hive was ok.
So uninstalled killing reg, killed EMB folders to prevent mixing and reinstalled. That helped, except Firedac broken and won't load in IDE. This was out of gate on first and every IDE start, prior to installing any 3rd party stuff. Had to disable Firedac components from loading.

The error "Cant load package C:\Program Files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\14.0\bin\dcldatasnapfiredac200.bpl. Invalid access to memory location".

Any ideas?

Comments

  1. Your da man Nicholas. I've never had any install issues in past with Delphi (I have ever version going back to 1) and so this was a first.
    Repaired install and enabled the Firedac components and all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think firedac creates its own environmental variables I wonder if this was your problem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the future. Use virtual machines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have been using VM's with Delphi for over 10 years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment