Application size comparision D2009 -XE6:

Application size comparision D2009 -XE6:
I have finally managed to reserect my software after a hard drive crash
using files I have found/recovered from a back up drive/on another computers
I have managed to get it to compile in XE6
took a bit of doing, coming from D2009 originally, lots of components used to get to work in XE6, etc

the interesting thing is the size of the .exe has doubled in size
(RTL to blame I guess)
but from what I can tell, the speed of loading is no less
There is alot of code (years of work)

anyway, just thought I would share :)
( I have read other threads about the increse in .exe file from older to newer delphi versions so was not surprised)

one goood thing is now on W8, there is no need to set to run as administrator

Comments