Hi all

Hi all, 

I have some ideas about the Delphi IDE. They are maybe something useful... maybe not but for me - they are definitely useful.
If here isn't the right place for feedback - please help me about: to whom and how. If some of these ideas are already made - I apologize but If not - I'll vote for them with two hands. :)

My current theme is the tree view of "Project manager".

1. The tree is too simple for me.
I'd like to add more than one "Project group". I know that the switching between my groups is enough simple but... This functionality will be one of the features for which I'm ready to pay for my next Delphi.


2. Why there are no possibilities for subprojects ? 
I have many project which are subprojects of someone of my huge projects. For example: list of groups and some of the projects contains subprojects.


3. If I want to find a unit or a form or a project or a group but not by searching by name :
 - the possibilities of the sorting are ok but...
 - Im looking about a logical search engine: It is good for me if there has an edit box which is a filter or a search field;
Why not with settings like:
 - find by keyword in the units/projects/groups which are with attached keywords? 
 - redactor for keywords for units/projects/groups ?
For now I add keywords like comments at the beginning of my units and after that to looking for keywords through "ALT+S+D" but for common units (common for many projects) this is not good idea.


4. If I want to export source code without a history, binaries and so on...? How to do this without source control tools?
Why not - right button on the group or project and click: 
- export to a folder; 
- archive and export to a folder; 
- archive and send by mail;


5. Templates for making of new folders for a new project?
I have a typical folders structure for my projects which is the same in any new project.
One or more templates - there no matter. If you add a template wizard for this - we can create our new projects a bit more quickly and easy with Delphi.


The ideas change everything. 
I pay for any new version of Delphi because:
 - first reason: I love working with this IDE;
 - second reason: the IDE always helps me to do my projects quickly and easily;
 - the third reason: Pascal is is my favorite language and it is good enough for my projects;

So... I make my libraries, COM servers, services and so on...easy.

But I want more :) 

I know that there has a possibility for plugins but for me the right way is:
I make my money with my projects - Embarcadero will make their money with something new and good in the IDE and Delphi.

Comments

Post a Comment