What are the alternatives to using a globals.pas file?

What are the alternatives to using a globals.pas file?

I've heard stuff like "you should pretend that globals don't exist". Isn't this similar to the same argument "you should never use a goto".

Thanks to Uwe Raabe and others, I just learned I should be using an application specific sub-folder of CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA or FOLDERID_ProgramData to store the database needed in my application.

This gets me part way there. I still need a name for this sub-folder and a way to refer to this sub-folder from within the code. 

Rather than hard-coding a literal I was planning on creating a constant and placing it inside of globals.pas. Something like:

const
  CCMATH_AppFolder : string = 'My Folder Name";
  CCMATH_Copyright : string = 'Copyright bla bla bla";
  CCMATH_Website : string = 'www.website.com";

I'd like to here how you guys go about storing and using this type of information within your programs.

Comments