Wow, I just discovered that Delphi comes with Beyond Compare.

Comments

  1. Has been for quite a while. I think it started with Delphi 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gunny, I am surprised if you have been laboring without that fine tool. It's definitely worth getting a license, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The BC bundled with RAD Studio is a cut down version.  BC is not that expensive, so I bought/use the full-up version instead of the bundled one.  The BC developers do regular updates, so it is worth it IMHO.  I use BC for Delphi, PHP, HTML, Etc. development a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill Meyer It seems like everywhere I look lately I see something new. I've been doing so much, with so little for so long I can do just about anything with nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniela Osterhagen I wrote a  plugin for Delphi 2006  that integrated BeyondCompare into the IDE  (which should still be on codecentral, but I can't find it any more). The guy behind BeyondBompare (I forgot his name, shame on me) used it for the "Beyond Compare differ for Delphi 2006" (cc 25601) and I got a free bc license out of it. The BC plugin has been with Delphi ever since, I think on the companion cd. Since XE it is directly integrated into the edit menu. Jeremy North (jed) also wrote an Beyond Compare IDE expert for Delphi 2006 and 2007 (http://www.jed-software.com/docs/bc_readme.htm).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thomas Mueller Is there anything Delphi related, in which you weren't involved somehow? This surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniela Osterhagen You are living in a virtual universe where everything is somehow tied to me. Just don't wake up. ;-)
    In truth, there was a time were I was really active in all things Delphi, but that was mostly in the last century. Nowadays I just tend to trott out the odd stuff I did years ago and bask in the feeling of importance that nobody but myself actually feels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment