I know there must be some people here using Axolot's XLSReadWriteII4 component. I am struggling with an error, and so far making no progress.

I know there must be some people here using Axolot's XLSReadWriteII4 component. I am struggling with an error, and so far making no progress.

Intermittently, I get an error when writing the file. The component throws an exception in its Write() method, while trying to write record #23 -- always #23 -- which is an SST (shared string table) record. 

My module offers many options for the user to select what is wanted in the sheet. The error seems to occur most often after options have been changed. But the worksheet which suffers the error is coded to use sets or options, and an array of DB column names, such that, in the end, the options only affect set membership.

I do not want to go deep diving into the vendor's code. It's painful, and quickly becomes so specific to issues of the Excel file format that it would become a rather massive project.

Any thoughts?

Comments

  1. I'm forced to use several version of that crap. Sometimes works, sometimes won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorin Duminica  did we catch you out again? :P lol j/k :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment