Need help trying to debug a ToolsAPI add-on that I am trying to write for Delphi XE on Windows 7. Every time I try to step through my code, BDS.exe gets killed and my web browser gets sent to http://www.embarcadero.com/product-validation-error :(


Need help trying to debug a ToolsAPI add-on that I am trying to write for Delphi XE on Windows 7. Every time I try to step through my code, BDS.exe gets killed and my web browser gets sent to http://www.embarcadero.com/product-validation-error :(
Checking out the common solutions doesn't help, except that the certificate it has is close to the one on the common solution page (mine has the dates the following day but the link is no good, as it is for Window XP). I do have a legit version of Delphi XE (used to be able to debug ToolsAPI add-ons that I wrote) and I wasn't part of the XE3 (or any other version) testing.

If I am not debugging a ToolsAPI add-on, all is fine. Things I have tried, without any change (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be asking here):
* Removing DDevEntensions and IDEFixPack
* Removing the latest unstable CnPack
* Un-installing a number of Windows Updates (just in case)

Any suggestions? I have been battling with this for the last four days :-(

Comments

  1. Sam Shaw No go - still does the same thing, except that I can't get to the same web site :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warren Postma You're implying that XE6 is bug-free? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill Meyer I don't think that Warren Postma is suggesting that... but I know that XE6 has better generics support for one, and I am sure there are fixes from XE :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment