"Splash Screen" an old and tired requirement, I know. I'm looking to implement a different one than the conventional method of placing a timer on the Form and toggling it to activate after X seconds.

"Splash Screen" an old and tired requirement, I know. I'm looking to implement a different one than the conventional method of placing a timer on the Form and toggling it to activate after X seconds. 

I could have sworn, that I saw a cooler method, that I believe used AfterCreate and some magic. I had thought it was from François Piette , but I couldn't find it anywhere. Not really showing up in Google. 

Anyone have a clever method for displaying a "splash screen" without a timer? I ask, because I've never liked the Timer method and sometimes it doesn't paint the window fully.

Comments

  1. is on a windows program?
    I create a splash screen in the project, view source, myself, and that works:


    {$R *.res}

    begin
     Application.Initialize;


    SplashV := TSplashV.Create(Application);

                      SplashV.show;

                      SplashV.update;

      
      SplashV.label1.caption := 'Loading some form...';

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't use timers. I only show the splash screen  as long the programm takes to load its requiered settings.

    {$R *.res}
    begin
      fmSplash := TfmSplash.Create(Application);
      fmSplash.Show;
      fmSplash.Update;

      // Initialization code
      Application.Initialize;
      ...

      fmSplash.Hide;
      fmSplash.Free;

      Application.Run;
    end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just use the normal form method and update some information on it as the main form loads....I've also used one from TMS which was simple but in that case had no dynamic content updated.......I stumbled across http://almdev.com which has a smart effects component that might be nice, I'm yet to try it though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment