Anyone using LinkedIn Premium? Is it worth the expense?

Comments

  1. I got it briefly in 2012 when I was ready to change jobs. It's worth it for that instance, but otherwise I think you can survive on basic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for asking the question - I keep getting offers for 1 mo free and am curious as to what benefit it might provide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could I expand the question to ask: does anybody think basic LinkedIn is worth it? Everybody seems to be on it, sure, but do people really get work this way? I can't help feeling that time spent cultivating "connections" is just a big displacement activity - be interested to be told otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used the 1 month free thing twice. The only useful thing it gives you is "InMail" which lets you direct message someone who is not connected to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Eli and Richard, I've been notified of a number of items of interest due to memberships in groups I've joined; nothing earth shattering but good to stuff know; plus I've gotten advice and have been able to advise others through threads like this. I like the general idea of on on-line business community with SISGs [special interest subgroups]; however, I suspect that LinkedIn's corporate drive to create stockholder value with expensive subscriptions that deliver only an illusion of value but do not deliver any real ROI to their subscribers supersedes development of what such a business community could be. It's possible that LinkedIn will develop to be something of real value or I expect that something else will surface that does.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment