I am using the RAD XE7 Studio trial. I notice very often that components in the component bar appear and disappear. Drives me nuts! This is in the Delphi side of course, as I have not even opened CBuilder yet.

I am using the RAD XE7 Studio trial. I notice very often that components in the component bar appear and disappear. Drives me nuts! This is in the Delphi side of course, as I have not even opened CBuilder yet.

I have some 3D tabs that have some very nice components that I want to use, but they keep disappearing. Has anyone else seen this happen, or are my teen years of being stupid in the 60's coming back to haunt me? ;)

Thanks very much for any help.

Comments

  1. The 3D tabs are only there for FMX applications. Maybe you are not familiar with the difference between VCL and FMX apps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you may want to use F6 for adding components to a form/data module, it's quicker (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. They finally stayed up long enough to hover over and read what they are.  Yes they are FMX.  No I do not know the difference between FMX and VCL, yet.  :)  Funny how they are so elusive though.  Five minutes later:  Now I know the difference.  You should not use VCL and FMX in the same project for one thing.  This new Delphi sure is different from 15 years ago.  ;) I'm new to the XE environment but sure am impressed.

    A bit later:
    After playing with the cross dev part of Delphi today, I love the FMX controls now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment