I just adapted my experimental GExperts version to XE7. It works, but I can't get the installer script to load and install it into the IDE. With XE6 the following used to work:

I just adapted my experimental GExperts version to XE7. It works, but I can't get the installer script to load and install it into the IDE. With XE6 the following used to work:

rundll32 .\GExpertsRSXE6.dll,InstallGExperts

The same for XE7 fails:

rundll32 .\GExpertsRSXE7.dll,InstallGExperts

the error is:
There was a problem starting .\GExpertsRSXE7.dll
The specified module could not be found.

(I also tried to specify the full path with the same negative result.)

Loaded and called from a Delphi XE7 program it works as expected:

type
    TInstallGExperts = procedure stdcall;
var
    mh: THandle;
    Proc: TInstallGExperts;
begin
    mh := LoadLibrary('D:\source\_sourceforge\gexperts\editorexpert \GExpertsRSXE7.dll');
    Proc := GetProcAddress(mh, 'InstallGExperts');
    Proc;
end;

Any idea?

Comments

  1. Did you start the Delphi XE7 program from within the IDE or did you start it the same way you started your installer script? I'd bet you started it from the IDE! My guess would be that the GExperts dll cannot find the Delphi XE7 packages and that's probably a PATH issue. I'll update my sources and see if I can reproduce the problem. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works for me. Try logging out and in again. Your PATH is probably not up to date for some reason.
    Nice work, by the way. I was already starting to miss GExperts while playing around with XE7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were right. Logging off and on again solved the problem. I just installed XE7 on that box, maybe the Explorer did not register the PATH change and started the script with the old PATH. Now, for a GExperts experimental release ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added two entry points to the GExperts DLL that install and uninstall it, so this can be done with rundll. The reason it wasn't working was that it did not find the BPLs it needs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll adapt the batch file later. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment