Has anyone here used default Delphi JSON marshaling classes (XE4 - DBXJSONReflect) in production code?

Has anyone here used default Delphi JSON marshaling classes (XE4 - DBXJSONReflect) in production code?

I have tested it briefly today, and to say it nicely, it is completely unsuitable for the task. I would start filing QC reports, but it seems that poor thingy has been designed completely wrong, and last thing I want is to spend time reporting something that will be marked "As designed".

It serializes fields instead of published properties, like VCL serialization does, that means I have to include new RTTI for private and protected members, it also means that whole bunch of transient fields will be included, and fields in resulting JSON start with prefix F.

For comparison, mORMot JSON serialization works as I expected, and I don't mind using it, but I would prefer having out of the box functionality in Delphi to be usable.

Comments