Programming for High DPI / Retina Displays?

Programming for High DPI / Retina Displays?
Does anyone have any good tips for making applications adapt to high DPI displays?

I've just got a new laptop which happens to have a 4K display. I didn't search out the super-high-res display but it was such a good deal (http://goo.gl/abn1rK) I couldn't resist. As I'm setting up the computer I'm quite amazed at how badly most application cope with the high DPI and the scaling. Clearly this is going to be something we, as developers, need to address in the near future. Up to this point I've had an "ostrich strategy" to these displays and generally turned form scaling off, but with the super high resolution this starts to look a little ridiculous. I'd like my applications to look top-notch on these displays.

So...

Has anyone any basic tips for making an application high DPI aware?

All help appreciated!  Steve #highdpi   #retinadisplay   #dpi   #4k

Comments